Along with the recent democratization, the ongoing peace process has transformed the Counter Insurgency (COIN) strategy and tactics of the Myanmar military (Tatmadaw). Political reforms after 2010 created the new dynamic of civil-military relation, shifting paradigm in the COIN activities….
Note n°23 of the China Observatory, by PENG Nian (PhD Candidate, Hong Kong Baptist University / Visiting Research Fellow, Center for Myanmar Studies, Sichuan University) China has made new progress on advancing its strategic interests in Myanmar by promoting many…
- [EN] Newsletter #29 – January 2019
- Transnational Security in the Sulu Sea: Something New or Something Old? – Joseph Franco
- #11 – Southeast Asia Observatory : Newsletter – Nov. 2018
- The Strategy and Tactics of Myanmar COIN Strategy since 2010
- Asia Trends #4 – Autumn 2018 – Trade Dynamics and Tensions in Asia